New Speck Presidio iPhone Cases Built To Protect Against 10 Foot Drops
San Mateo, CA (September 7, 2016) - Today Speck unveiled Presidio, a superior slim line of smartphone cases designed to protect the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus against drops from extreme heights and everyday hazards.
Presidio is the slimmest and most protective line of cases ever designed by Speck. Presidio, Presidio GRIP, Presidio INKED, and Presidio WALLET are drop tested from 10 feet. In order to offer superior protection, Speck uses drop-testing standards that go beyond military standards used in previous Speck cases. Presidio CLEAR, Presidio CLEAR + GLITTER, and Presidio CLEAR + PRINT are drop tested from 8 feet to keep your phone safe from extreme drops while showing off your new iPhone. Every Presidio case is backed by Speck’s limited lifetime warranty.
Presidio features the IMPACTIUM™ Shock Barrier, Speck’s innovative new shock-suppression technology that protects your device without adding unnecessary bulk. IMPACTIUM™ is a dynamic shock-absorbing material that absorbs and disperses shock from impact. The material is co-molded with the case’s polycarbonate shell and formed into ridges on the inside perimeter of the case. When dropped, the ridges compress on impact to absorb and disperse shock. The result is a case that is slimmer and more protective than any case previously available from Speck.
“Shrinking the bulk-to-protection ratio is the fundamental design challenge we face as we continue to innovative in our industry,” said Speck’s design chief, Bryan Hynecek. “Presidio represents a significant breakthrough for the Speck design team. It is the most protective case we’ve built, and adds 20 percent less bulk to your device than CandyShell, which is already the standard for slim impact protection.”
The full Presidio line for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus includes:
- Presidio (from $39.95)—Superior slim protection with IMPACTIUM™ Shock Barrier ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio GRIP (from $39.95)—New grip design provides a no-slip grip from all angles ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio INKED (from $44.95)—Superior protection with vivid and elegant patterns ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio WALLET (from $44.95)—Side-loading slot holds three cards or cash ( iPhone 7 )
- Presidio CLEAR (from $39.95)—Next generation of the #1 best-selling clear case* in the US ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio CLEAR + GLITTER (from $44.95)—Crystal glitter dazzles and resists UV yellowing ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
- Presidio CLEAR + PRINT (from $44.95)—Embedded designs won't fade or scratch ( iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus )
Presidio cases undergo a range of tests to demonstrate they can endure both extreme and everyday wear and tear. Tests include:
- Drop testing—In order to offer superior protection, Speck uses drop-testing standards that go beyond military standards used in previous Speck cases. Presidio cases are drop tested by a third-party lab.
- Environmental test—An environmental chamber exposes cases to high heat, low temperatures, and high humidity.
- UV test—Clear cases are tested that they will resist turning yellow or cloudy from exposure to the sun.
- Chemical test—Cases are exposed to lotions, oils, sunscreens and other chemicals inside an environmental chamber to demonstrate they will withstand long-term exposure without negative effects.
- Scratch and hardness test—Outer shell and coatings are tested to make sure they perform to a high level of scratch resistance.
Presidio cases are available now at speckproducts.com, Best Buy, Target, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Amazon.com.
Speck creates award-winning cases designed to make an impact—and take one. Since 2001, we’ve been making distinctive products for the world’s top smartphones, tablets, laptops, watches, and backpacks. We deliver a balance of artful design and military–grade protection, for a difference you can see and feel. Our roots are in the heart of Silicon Valley, at the intersection of design and technology, inspiring us to craft masterfully engineered products. We believe that excellence is in the details, which is why we create cases that enable you to go more places and enjoy more from your mobile devices. Get to know us at speckproducts.com or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Speck Announces New Line of Cases and Accessories for iPhone 15 with ClickLock No-Slip Interlock Technology
- Speck Launches Five Major Innovations to Improve Usability of Apple iPhone, iPad, and AirTag
- Speck Announces Innovative New Line of ‘Made for Google’ Accessories for Pixel Tablet and Pixel Fold