Speck's got cases for Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+! Everything you need to know about the new phones
"Speck's got cases for Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+! Everything you need to know about the new phones"
Today Samsung unveiled its two new flagship phones, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. With extra-large curved screens that feel bigger than ever before, a smart new digital assistant, and an iris scanner, these new phones are sure to turn heads. While you can’t buy the phones until April 21, you can pick up Speck Presidio cases for the Galaxy S8 or the S8+ today. Here’s everything you should know about the new phones:
1. Bigger screensSamsung upped the size of the displays on the S8 & S8+, but kept the phones roughly the same size as last year’s S7 and S7 Edge. They did that by allowing the screen to take up more space -- according to CNET it takes up roughly 83% of the phone.
2. Curved screens all aroundSamsung’s new Infinity Display wraps around the edges of the screen to give you a more immersive experience, according to Samsung. Unlike last year's S7 and S7 Edge, both phones have curved screens and there is no longer a "flat" option.
3. No home button, but a fingerprint and iris scannerTo make room for more screen space on the front of the S8 and S8+, Samsung axed the home button. But it added two different ways to interact with the phone: A fingerprint and iris scanner, both of which let you unlock the phone.
4. Samsung BixbySamsung spent a lot of time during the announcement talking about Bixby, its new personal assistant. There’s a dedicated Bixby button on the side of the phone, which launches this new smart assistant that can help you look up anything. A neat Bixby feature lets you point your camera at something – a book cover or a wine label – and it will tell you more about it.
5. Turn the phone into a computerThe Galaxy S8 and S8+ can be transformed into a computer with Samsung DeX. With a special dock, a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, you can use the phone as a computer, sort of. For now, you can only use Android apps, but you can browse the web, and use apps like Microsoft Office and Adobe apps, according to The Verge.
6. Not-so-new camerasOne thing Samsung didn’t really upgrade is the rear camera. The S8 has the same camera as the S7, and there are no dual-lenses here. However, Samsung did update the front facing cameras, with a 8-megapixel sensor and a wide-angle lens for better selfies.
Presidio cases for Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+Samsung’s innovative new phones deserve innovative protection. Speck’s superior slim Presidio cases are available now to protect the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ from drops up to 10 feet. Presidio cases are Speck’s slimmest yet and have eye-catching designs without sacrificing protection. You can pick up a Presidio cases for both devices starting today. Shop Presidio cases for Samsung Galaxy S8 and shop Presidio cases for Samsung Galaxy S8+.
- Category News
- Presidio CLEAR