Whether you’re interested in Speck, need images for your article, or want to catch up on some light press release reading,
you can find what you need here.
Media inquiries should be directed to: email@example.com
This morning Apple introduced the world to its two largest and thinnest smartphones yet, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. And you can bet we're working on the best, boldest, mighty slim protection to wrap your new iPhone in. Not only are the two new iPhones the largest in screen size yet (with the iPhone 6 measuring at 4.7" diagonally and the iPhone 6 Plus measuring 5.5"), but they're loaded with improved features and applications that make these truly the most advanced iPhones yet. SCREEN
- Armed with their new tagline "Bigger than bigger," Apple knows it's branching out in terms of sheer size. Following a trend (that may have been spearheaded by Samsung), Apple's new iPhones allow for "roomier display for reading text, typing, and watching videos," says Yahoo Tech.
- iPhone 6 packs over 1 million pixels into its display, while iPhone 6 Plus has a shocking 2 million pixels. Apple calls these new displays "Retina HD," their pixel densities falling just short of Apple's "Retina display" products.
- The brand-new design of both phones features a curved, "ion strengthened" glass, according to Apple's Phil Schiller.
- Worried about these screens being too big to use with just one hand? Don't be- Mashable reports on another perk in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plug: A double-touch reachability feature that slides the active part of the display halfway down so you can access with one hand.
- A blessing to all current iPhone users: "iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will meet or exceed the iPhone 5 battery life in every metric," says Schiller, and "even despite their thirstier displays," points out Time Magazine.
- Apple says iPhone 6 will have 10 days of standby battery life, and 16 days for iPhone 6 Plus. iPhone 6 will have 10 hours of LTE web browsing life, an impressive 12 hours of LTE for iPhone 6 Plus.
- A new photo sensor featuring Apple's "phase detection focus" was designed for autofocus, color correction, improved facial recognition, and higher quality macro photos.
- And while "the iPhone 6 has digital image stabilization, the iPhone 6 Plus takes a step up with true optical image stabilization that mechanically moves the lens up, down, side to side," says the Wall Street Journal, for one of the most sophisticated camera functions wrapped in a smartphone.
- iPhone 6 starts at $199 with a 2-year contract, while iPhone 6 Plus will be available starting at $299. Both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will drop in price, to be expected, given Apple's track record.
- Apple is launching both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in 8 countries, expecting the smartphones to be available in 115 by the end of the year.
- Preorders for both devices will begin this Friday, September 12. Both will ship next Friday, September 19.