How to Clean A Clear Phone Case and Other Speck Cases
Your phone case does more than just protect your device from drops and bumps. It’s an extension of your personality and personal brand, your go-to accessory that tells the world who you are without having to say a thing.
As something we’re constantly holding and showing off, you want your case to look pristine. Make sure oils from lotions and sweat, plus dirt from the daily grind don’t interrupt your flow with a proper cleaning routine. We’ve got you protected against bacteria growth with Microban®, our built-in antimicrobial product protection, but you’ll still want to give your case a re-fresh from time-to-time to keep it looking flawless. How do you clean a clear case? How do you refresh those cases with a matte or soft-touch finish? We’re here to help you.
Keep Your Phone Case Clean With DIY Cleaning Tips From Speck
There are two different avenues you can take to cleaning your clear phone case, as well as your other cases, and it all boils down to how nasty the case is.
- For small stains and dirt, use dish soap and hot water.
- Medium stains and dirt, use isopropyl alcohol.
- Tougher stains, use baking soda and an old toothbrush.
Different stains call for different ingredients. But first things first, remove your case from your phone before you start. You don’t want to damage your device (even if you have a water-resistant phone!).
How to Clean a Case with Light Stains: Dish Soap and Water
- Fill a bowl or sink with hot water and add two drops of dish soap (Dawn or Sunlight work well).
- Use a soft cloth or toothbrush to scrub the exterior of your case in a circular motion. Make sure you get the tough-to-reach parts like the interior rings, the camera slot, and the button or charging port-holes.
- Rinse and repeat as necessary. If scuffs and marks remain, try using an eraser to rub away imperfections.
- Once your case is clean, dry with a soft cloth and let it sit to air dry for 1-2 hours before putting it back on your phone.
How To Clean a Case with Medium Stains: Isopropyl Alcohol
Note: If you have a Speck CandyShell, Presidio Clear, Stay-Clear, or Perfect-Clear case, we do not recommend using isopropyl alcohol as it could cause damage to your case and void your warranty.
- Pour small amounts of the isopropyl alcohol onto a soft cloth and begin to scrub your phone case. Make sure you’re getting the hard-to-reach places (like the edges of the case) where dirt and grime like to hide. The alcohol should remove the more difficult stains and build up.
- Once you’re done with the case’s exterior and interior, take a soft dry cloth and wipe down the case until you’ve removed any leftover alcohol. Your case should feel dry to the touch.
- Let the case dry for 1-2 hours before you put it back on your phone.
How to Clean a Case with Tough Stains: Baking Soda
- Cover case or particular stains with a small amount of baking soda
- Take a soft-bristled toothbrush and wet the bristles. Once it’s saturated, scrub any tough marks and stains on the case. Get those hard-to-reach places (edges and corners) where dirt and grime like to hide. The baking soda should remove the harder to fight stains and dirt.
- Rinse and wipe off any leftover baking soda with a clean, soft cloth. After you’ve finished cleaning the case, let dry for 1-2 hours before you put it back on your phone.
When it comes to how to clean a clear case, we recommend soap and water, or baking soda. We recommend having a cleaning routine on the regular to keep your case looking its best so that you can continue to enjoy the look and feel of your phone.
Microban®: Invisible Product Protection.
We know cleanliness is important to you. Which is why we’ve built-in Microban® at a cellular level into many* of our cases. Microban® reduces bacteria growth by 99% on the surface of the case, helping to protect your case from odor and stain-causing bacteria for the lifetime of your case.
Microban® will never wash off or wipe away, protecting your case against bacteria growth no matter where you go. It also means that you can go about your cleaning routine without worrying about reducing Microban’s efficacy.
Get A Clear Phone Case That Stays Perfectly Clear
One of the main issues with clear phone cases is discoloration and yellowing that happens naturally from UV ray exposure and oil absorption from lotions and sweat. How do you prevent yellowing from happening? How can you possibly keep a clear case clean? Our innovative clear case, Presidio® Perfect-Clear, brings a solution by using materials that resist discoloration from the elements. Available in various designs and styles and new innovative materials, you can now get a Presidio® Perfect-Clear case with grips, glitter, an ombre-fade and impact geometry to meet your need for flawless design and ultimate clarity.