Take a Peek: Meet the New iPhone SE 2022 and 5th Generation iPad Air 2022
On March 8th, Apple announced the launch of the highly anticipated iPhone SE 2022 at their Peek Performance event. For everything you need to know about the new devices, take a peek at the breakdown so you can decide how to upgrade.
The updated iPhone SE was launched in 2020 and became Apple’s third best-selling phone behind the iPhone 11, and there’s no surprise there: it’s a budget-friendly, compact phone with all the technology you need for everyday life. Starting at $429 the iPhone SE will be the most affordable 5G device Apple offers. With a variety of new features added, it’s a strong contender for anyone seeking a 5G device. On top of the new iPhone SE, we also saw a brand new color for iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro: Alpine Green. The perfect hue for a life of adventure.
Plus, we saw an updated new iPad Air 2022 that pulls all the stops, featuring 5G cellular support, upgraded internals and Center Stage camera support. Thin, powerful and better than ever, you can expect the new iPad Air to support all of your learning, gaming and professional needs.
Are you planning to upgrade? We’ve broken down everything you need to know about these new devices so you can make an informed choice.
What to expect from the new iPhone SE
- A15 Bionic: Apple outfits the new iPhone SE with the same processor featured in the iPhone 13 which means your device will be lightning fast and have iOS updates for a long-time to come. A15 Bionic features 2 new high performance cores and 2 new high efficiency cores, with improved noise reduction and tone. 5-core GPU. 50% faster graphics than any smartphone ever.
- 5G Support: Expect fast downloads and uploads, with more bands in more places. The iPhone SE will be Apple’s most affordable 5G device option.
- A Stunning Display: With a 4.7-inch liquid crystal diode (LCD) display, you’ll be seeing clearly with the new iPhone SE. The home button is here again, making it easier than ever to log-in with your fingerprint day and night.
- Long Lasting Battery: Enjoy watching up to 13 hours of video on a single charge. A truly binge-worthy device.
- Picture Perfect: The new iPhone SE features a 12MP wide-angle rear camera and a 7MP front-facing camera. Improved visual processing will come from the A15 chip and the camera features a night mode option for sharper images at night. The camera will also continue to feature a 4k video option for clean, sharp videos.
- Meticulously Designed: Beautifully designed with iconic glass and aluminum design. The display is vibrant and stronger than ever, with water and dust resistance.
How much will the iPhone SE cost?
Known for being a more budget friendly option, the new iPhone SE will be available starting at $429 with 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB models available. Preorders start Friday and will be fully available March 18th.
New iPhone SE colors
The new iPhone SE will be available in Midnight, Starlight and (PRODUCT)RED.
The perfect case for the new iPhone SE
Keep your new iPhone SE protected with a case that’s as thoughtfully designed as the phone itself.
Show off your new device with a Presidio® Perfect-Clear case, or get 13 foot drop protection with Presidio®2 Armor Cloud™ Technology. Available in a variety of new colors and designs, Speck’s iPhone SE case line has something to suit every style.
Shop Speck Cases for iPhone SE
Presidio®2 Pro: When you’re looking for a classic case with a sleek, soft-touch finish and the most advanced protection technology available, go PRO with a fresh look to match that fresh new phone with Coastal Blue.
Presidio®2 Grip: Our no-slip grips add optimal hold and handfeel. With our classic Black, you will definitely look as sleek as that new device.
Presidio® Perfect-Clear: Nothing stays clear like Perfect-Clear. Show off the beauty of your new device with a case that resists yellowing and discoloration.
Presidio® Perfect-Clear with Grips: Nothing stays clear like Perfect-Clear. Plus our no-slip grip allows you to show off the beauty of your device while experiencing better hold and handfeel.
Meet the new iPhone SE
Cases for the New Alpine Green iPhone 13
If you’re upgrading to that beautiful new Alpine Green iPhone 13, then you need one of our Compatible with MagSafe cases. Explore everything from no-slip grips, trendy ombré or perfect-clear to show off that device.
The New iPad Air
During the Peek Performance event we also saw the reveal of the new iPad Air, featuring 5G cellular support, upgraded internals and Center Stage camera support.
Starting at $599, the new iPad Air will be available in Space Grey, Starlight, Pink, Purple, and Blue. Count on all-day battery life and more versatility than ever all in that compact design iPad Air users have come to love. Compatible with Apple Pencil 2nd Gen, experience next level performance in a thin, light and powerful package. Here’s everything you need to know about this stunning new device:
What to expect from the new iPad Air
- M1 Chip: The same chip used in iPad Pro, it delivers 60% faster performance and 2x graphic performance increase.
- Center Stage: With a more advanced front camera, the new 12 MP ultra wide front facing camera now supports Center Stage, which keeps you in the middle of every frame when you move around on live video.
- Updated Cameras: Back 12mp camera features focus pixels and a true tone flash, and the front 12mp Ultra Wide camera features Center Stage.
- 5G: Now that iPad mini has 5G support, you can ensure strong and streamlined connectivity no matter where you are.
- USB-C Cord: The new USB-C port is 10x faster and more versatile, allowing you to access files, back up data, and collaborate creatively with ease and speed.
Great cases for the new iPad Air
If you plan on purchasing the new iPad Air, don’t let dents and scratches ruin your new device. Speck has designed cases that are not only protective, but functional and meticulously designed. Match every function of your new device with ease using Balance Folio®, Presidio Pro Folio, Balance Folio and Case-E.
Balance Folio®: Available in a range of styles and colors, Balance Folio® is stylish and durable case that protects against scratches and dents, plus features Microban to reduce bacteria growth on the surface of the case by 99%. The cover converts into a viewing stand, plus a magnetic camera shield and secure latch keep everything covered and protected.
Presidio Pro Folio: Experienceultimate durability with 6-foot drop protection with the sleek and professional-looking Presidio Pro Folio. Compatible with your Apple Pencil, this versatile case converts into a stand for multiple viewing and typing angles, features a magnetic shield for those professional level cameras, and has a lifetime warranty.
For the Best Protection, Trust Speck
When it comes to making the most out of every moment, make sure the device that keeps you connected to the world is protected with the very best. We can’t wait to see which case you choose to protect your gorgeous new device.